Classes are offered at an introductory level for selected instruments (30 minutes) and at a beginner, intermediate, and advanced level for all instruments (60 minutes). A minimum number of 4 students is needed to assemble a class.
See the Class Schedule tab for a list of classes offered during Spring 2019. Typically, classes are offered for the following instruments in any given semester:
Accordion (B/C, C#/D), Anglo Concertina, Banjo, Bodhran, Bouzouki, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Mandolin, Traditional Singing, Whistle, Low D Whistle, & Uilleann Pipes.
Also available are the Junior Group (60 minutes) and the Youth Group (60 minutes), which give young children and young adults an opportunity to learn how to play tunes together in a group setting. A minimum number of 4 students is needed to assemble each group.
1. For adults the regular tuition rate for the Fall Semester of 2019 is $235 for 10 classes. For youth (18 and under), the regular tuition rate is $210 for 10 classes.
2. The tuition for a second or subsequent immediate adult family member (ie, spouse or child over 18) is discounted to $175. An individual adult student taking more than one class also receives a discounted rate of $175 for each additional class.
3. Rates for ADDITIONAL youth family members enrolling (after the first class enrollment at the regular tuition rate of $235 [adult] or $210 [youth]) are discounted to $150.00.
5. Realta Geala Jr. (for youth) is $50.00 for students registered in a regular class. For those not registered in a regular class, the full tuition rate of $200.00 applies.
6. The tuition rate for any adult or youth who enrolls in an introductory class is $105.00. No discounts apply for any second or subsequent registrations of regular or introductory classes.
7. The Junior Group (free of charge) is for children ages 9-12 and the Youth Group ($200) is for children ages 13-18. No discounts apply for any second or subsequent registrations of regular or introductory classes.
8. The fee for renting an instrument for 10 classes is $50, with the exception of the Uilleann pipes, which is a fee of $75 for 10 classes.
For questions or additional information, please text Tom at 617-459-1730 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org